Reduces risk of COVID-19 for employees
Bourbonnais, IL - The Village of Bourbonnais' waste removal and disposal contractor, Republic Services, has announced temporary modified service as a result of the current coronavirus pandemic. The recent surge in residential waste and unique challenges faced require modified service offerings to keep the community clean and safe.
According to a recent document released by Republic, as of March 30, 2020, operations will be limited to the following until further notice:
- We will accept cart contents or personalized cans only.
- Drivers will not be authorized to leave their vehicle to pick up waste outside of the cart or personal cans.
- Yard waste and bulk waste programs will be suspended.
- UPDATE: Effective Monday, April 20, 2020, Republic Services will reinstate the yard waste removal program with weekly garbage pickup. Program guidelines may be referenced by clicking here.
- UPDATE: Effective Monday, April 27, 2020, Republic Services will reinstate the bulk waste removal program. All bulk pickups need to be scheduled with Allied Waste by calling 815-472-3332.
- It's important to keep waste out of your recycling container.
Ernie Lopez, Municipal Services Manager for Republic Services, added the service limitations help reduce exposure of COVID-19 to employees while removing the need to come into direct contact with waste. This further aids in streamlined service to address the volumes of residential garbage currently being collected.
Republic Services is hopeful to have a service update within the next couple of weeks. The Village of Bourbonnais will share updates as they are available.
Questions related to garbage and collection service? Please contact Allied Waste, a Republic Services company, at any of the following:
- Call: 815-472-3332
- Website: https://www.republicservices.com/