Village renews green electric aggregation program
Bourbonnais, IL - Following the passage of a voter Referendum, the Village of Bourbonnais contracted to procure electric supply in bulk for residents and small business owners. The average participating Bourbonnais resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bills for several years. The Village received bids to renew the program, but no savings were available versus the ComEd rate. However, the Village was able to secure new benefits at zero rate risk for ratepayers.
The Village is renewing our program with Chicago-based Eligo Energy. Ratepayers will be charged exactly the ComEd rate and will enjoy the added benefit of Green Energy via renewable generation facilities as represented by Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the Village.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip prepared by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Through this program the Village will earn designation as an EPA Green Power Community.
Notices will be mailed to residents and small businesses on August 12. Some accounts will move from previous program supplier Dynegy Energy back to ComEd, others will move to Eligo. The net effect for all is identical: all pay same ComEd rate with no risk of ever paying more!
1. If your notice reads, “Green Aggregation Notice,” You need do nothing and you will be switched to Eligo. You will never pay more than the ComEd rate. You have the choice not to support the program, and to opt out. If you do nothing you will be enrolled with Eligo.
2. If your notice reads, “Informational Only: Hourly” or “Informational only Net Metering,” your account will remain unchanged, at its current status.
3. If your notice reads “Informational Only: Return to ComEd Service” your account will be moved from current supplier Dynegy to ComEd supply service.
Residents, whether with Eligo or moved to ComEd supply, will be considered a member of the Bourbonnais Green Aggregation program, with energy usage offset by Green Energy.
Why are some accounts at ComEd and some at Eligo Energy?
Suppliers analyze every meter; depending on complex usage patterns, certain accounts are selected to remain at ComEd and others switch to Eligo. The net effect is same for all: all pay the
ComEd rate; for zero added costs, and Green Power is procured for both those served by ComEd supply, and those enrolled with Eligo. Additionally, the Village receives a reserve fund at zero added cost to residents and the Village.
For more information, visit www.eligoenergy.com/cities/il/Bourbonnais or call 312-488-4192 Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
• Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
• No hidden fees, no termination fee, flexibility to join or leave the program
• The Village earns certification as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
• Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
• The Village’s Carbon footprint will be reduced