Position available for lateral entry officer
Bourbonnais, IL — Effective immediately, the Board of Police and Fire Commissioners for the Village of Bourbonnais is accepting applications for the position of Lateral Entry Officer for the Bourbonnais Police Department. The 29-member department is led by Chief Jim Phelps, Deputy Chief, Dave Anderson, and Patrol Commander, Brent Barrie.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Drivers License: Must possess a valid Illinois Drivers License.
- Certification: Must currently be an ILETSB Certified Illinois Officer with at least 2 years of full time police experience with no break in service.
- Education: Must have an Associate Degree, 64 credit hours, or military experience.
- Character: Must be of good moral character with no misdemeanor or felony convictions.
- Salary: Dependent on experience, minimum base starting salary range of $63,960- $86,216/year.
- Residency: Must live within 30 miles of village limits within 1 year of employment.
- Testing: Successfully pass background investigation including polygraph, psychological evaluation, and medical examination.
- Hiring Process: Completion of an application packet. Pre-Screening and review of application materials, oral interview(s) with the Police Commission, and successful completion of the tests listed above. Each phase of the process listed is a pass/fail and a “pass” is required to remain in the process.
Per contract, a new hire who completes required Field Training Officer (FTO) training and a 12-month probationary period will receive a $2,000 stipend.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants may click here for an informational packet.
Completed packets can be mailed, emailed or dropped off in person.
Mail or drop off applications to:
Bourbonnais Police Department
Attention: Fire & Police Commissioners
700 Main St. NW
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
With a department motto ‘To Protect with Courage, To Serve with Honor and Compassion,’ Bourbonnais Police serve and protect all persons and property within the jurisdiction of the Village of Bourbonnais. The village currently has a population of 18,164 (Decennial Census, 2020) and is ranked the 38th safest city in Illinois (National Council for Home Safety and Security, 2020).
To learn more about the Bourbonnais Police Department, click here.