Here's what you need to know
Bourbonnais, IL - Following yesterday's brutal storm with wind gusts up to 74 mph, 870 were left without power according to ComEd, and many trees and branches were left throughout the village in the aftermath. Here's what you need to know as crews work diligently to get your home back up after the blast:
Public Works Pickup Schedule:
- Monday, July 1st - Residents are asked to move all brush to the curb (NOT into the street) as quickly and safely as possible.
- Tuesday, July 2nd - Public Works crews will begin pickup with Area 4, followed by Area 3 (click map button below for details).
- Wednesday, July 3rd - Public Works crews will continue pickup with Area 2, followed by Area 1 (click map button below for details).
ComEd Outages & Restoration
ComEd offers the following tips and information for customers to stay safe following severe weather:
- If you encounter a downed power line, immediately call ComEd at 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661) or go to ComEd.com to report the location. Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237).
- Never approach a downed power line. Always assume a power line is energized and extremely dangerous.
- In the event of an outage, do not approach ComEd crews working to restore power to ask about restoration times. Crews may be working on live electrical equipment and the perimeter of the work zone may be hazardous.
Please use caution in areas affected by the storm, and be aware of cleanup crews. Thank you for your patience while they work to bring our village back to beautiful!