Winners announced for second annual lighting contest
Bourbonnais, IL – The “Holiday Homes & Holly Jolly Lighting Contest,” sponsored by Brandon Casey’s Comfort Crew and SERVPRO of Kankakee County, continues to illuminate the Village of Bourbonnais through December 25th. The second annual event began December 3rd and encouraged outdoor festive lighting and decorations among village residents. Participants entered for a chance to win in Traditional and People’s Choice categories. An online map of 31 holiday homes is currently available for viewing here.
Congratulations to the following winners:
- 1st Place: The Boudreau Family - 1319 Mill Pond Road (Entry #28)
- 2nd Place: Eric & Kaitlain Cavender – 430 Stone Cutter Drive (Entry #13)
- 3rd Place: The Reynolds Family – 53 Bonds Drive (Entry #4)
- 4th Place: The Scott Family – 250 Kristina Drive (Entry #7)
- 5th Place: Steve, Lori & Buford Bleyle – 1344 Mill Pond Drive (Entry #29)
People’s Choice Category
- 1st Place: Steve, Lori & Buford Bleyle – 1344 Mill Pond Drive (Entry #29) 533 Votes
- 2nd Place: Neco Ramirez & Family – 715 Tremont Street (Entry #11) 494 Votes
- 3rd Place: The Toepfer Family – 1225 Patriot Way (Entry #10) 328 Votes
- 4th Place: The Grant Family – 19 Castle Coombe Drive (Entry #22) 264 Votes
- 5th Place: The Steinberg Family – 766 Cherokee Drive (Entry # 18) 263 Votes
“We would like to congratulate all winners and participants for helping make the village look festive and bright this holiday season,” said Bourbonnais Mayor Paul Schore. “This is a fun activity not only for the Village of Bourbonnais to enjoy, but for all communities.”
This marks the second consecutive year the Boudreau family won first place in the Traditional category, which is judged by an outside panel of judges.
“We do it for our neighbors and the community,” explained first place Traditional winner, Kyle Boudreau. “Every year, we like to spread holiday cheer.”
1st place winners in each category receive a $100 Visa gift card. 2nd place winners in each category receive a $50 Visa gift card, and 3rd place winners in each category receive a $25 Visa gift card. Prizes were made possible by the event sponsors.
First place winners in the People’s Choice category, the Bleyle family, donated their prize money to Toys for Tots.
Winners of the People’s Choice category were voted on by the public via Facebook December 3rd through December 12th. A total of 4,415 votes were calculated for the People’s Choice category.