Winners announced for third annual lighting contest
Bourbonnais, IL – The “Holiday Homes & Holly Jolly Lighting Contest,” sponsored by Flight 102 Wine Bar and Brandon Casey’s Comfort Crew, continues to illuminate the Village of Bourbonnais through December 25. The third annual event began December 2 and encouraged residential festive lighting and decorations. Participants could enter for a chance to win in both Traditional and People’s Choice categories. An online map of 30 holiday homes is currently available for viewing here.
Congratulations to the following winners:
- 1st Place: The Toepfer Family – 1225 Patriot Way (Entry #6)
- 2nd Place: The Ramirez Family – 715 Tremont Street (Entry #7)
- 3rd Place: The Cleghorn Family – 648 Cherokee Drive (Entry #17)
- 4th Place: The Huebner Family – 357 Windemere Way (Entry #22)
- 5th Place: The Bleyle Family – 1344 Mill Pond Drive (Entry #28)
People’s Choice Category
- 1st Place: 648 Votes – The Ramirez Family 715 Tremont Street (Entry #7)
- 2nd Place: 609 Votes – The Toepfer Family 1225 Patriot Way (Entry #6)
- 3rd Place: 380 Votes - The Waskosky Family – 633 Jeremy Drive (Entry #30)
- 4th Place: 379 Votes - The Bleyle Family 1344 Mill Pond Drive (Entry #28)
- 5th Place: Tie 350 Votes
- The Cleghorn Family 648 Cherokee Drive (Entry # 17)
- The Grant Family 19 Castle Coombe Drive (Entry #22)
“We would like to congratulate all entries for helping make the village look festive and bright this holiday season,” said Bourbonnais Mayor Paul Schore. “There’s still time to drive around Bourbonnais and enjoy 30 holiday homes in the village.”
1st place winners in each category received a $100 Visa gift card. 2nd place winners in each category received a $50 Visa gift card, and 3rd place winners in each category received a $25 Visa gift card. Prizes were made possible by the event sponsors.
The traditional category was judged by an outside panel of judges including Mary Schore, Rob West of Milner Media and Ashley Villarreal of the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce.
Winners of the People’s Choice category were voted on by the public via the village’s Facebook page December 2 through December 11. A total of 5,400 votes were calculated for the People’s Choice category, which is the highest engagement to-date. 2021 included 4,400 votes.
For upcoming events, click here.