The Village of Bourbonnais, Illinois is accepting applications on the behalf of the Fire & Police Commission for the position of police officer with the Bourbonnais Police Department.
Starting Salary: $62,538-$112,912
Sworn Police Officers: 27 Full-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Bourbonnais Fire & Police Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude as specified in Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 at the time of application (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- Must reside within 30 miles of the village limits within the one (1) year probationary period;
- Must sign a Training Reimbursement agreement as a condition of employment;
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Associates Degree - OR - at least 64 credit hours from an accredited college or university (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10 2.1-6);
- Valid POWER card issued within one (1) year of application deadline (waived for Certified Law Officers);
- This application process is limited to the first 100 applications submitted -OR- the deadline date of February 6, 2023, whichever occurs first.
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- College or University Transcripts/Diploma (unless otherwise exempt)
- Valid POWER card issued on or after February 6, 2022 (unless waived)
- If applicant has military service, a copy of his or her Military Service Record Form DD-214
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Monday, February 6, 2023 @ 4:00 PM (CST).
- Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination to be taken between Wednesday, February 15, 2023 and Friday, February 17, 2023. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer.