Muncipal Campus Master Plan
Submittal Deadline - August 5, 2019
The Village of Bourbonnais, Illinois, requests proposals from qualified firms or consultant teams to provide professional planning and design services for the Village’s Municipal Campus. The vision is to create a high-quality destination-focused center for residents and visitors to utilize for various seasonal functions and events. This project will be managed by the Village of Bourbonnais.
The Village of Bourbonnais’ Municipal Campus is roughly bounded by Main Street on the northeast, William R Latham Drive on the northwest and Stratford Drive on the south. It includes the municipal center, the Village’s administrative offices, the police station, the Village’s community room, detention pond feature, Goselin Park, the Event and Skate Plaza, the children safety center and the historic museum. This area encompasses approximately 9.2 acres. In addition, the Village owns 6.8 acres immediately northwest of the campus. The Village would like to determine if there are opportunities to incorporate these two areas into the plan. The Village desires to develop a quality center for gatherings, activities, events and recreation. Vehicular and pedestrian circulation through the site should be clearly defined. The Village is installing new wayfinding signage based on the recent Village brand, but additional efforts to visually connect the individual elements of the site are desired.
July 1, 2019 Release Request for Proposals
August 5, 2019 Bid due date
August 20, 2019 Consultant selected
February 17, 2020 Completion of Master Plan
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work is anticipated to have at minimum the following components:
1. Project Management
- Manage the process and communicate on a regular basis with Village staff.
- Conduct review meetings with staff and Village leadership as needed throughout the process. Minimum of two on-site meetings.
- Deliverable: Meeting agendas and summaries
2. Data Collection
- Compile existing campus information and base maps.
- Develop programming goals through consultation and interviews with end users of the campus, such as Village staff and other stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews, surveys and other engagement efforts to collect appropriate information necessary to successfully complete scope of work.
3. Analysis/Project Goals
- Conduct analysis of existing campus and identify issues and opportunities.
- Deliverable: Summarize analysis and identify other functional opportunities in both graphic and narrative form.
- Deliverable: Summarize project and programming goals to be addressed through the master plan.
4. Preliminary Concepts
- Develop a minimum of two (2) conceptual design drawings for the campus. Concepts to test alternate solutions for addressing programming goals and solving identified issues.
- Concepts to be presented at a minimum through plan graphics to clearly convey design concepts.
- Provide cost estimates for improvements shown in each concept.
- Deliverable: Preliminary Master Plan Concepts, supporting graphics and cost estimates
5. Final Master Plan Concept
- Based on input from the Village, prepare a refined master plan concept for the campus.
- Provide updated graphics and cost estimate.
- Deliverable: Final Master Plan Concept and cost estimate
6. Project Schedule and Implementation Plan
- Develop a preliminary four-year project schedule that shows the design and construction timeframes and costs for implementing the master plan.
- Review the proposed project phasing strategy and schedule with the Village and refine.
- Deliverable: Project schedule and implementation plan
7. Final Document
- Prepare a final document that incorporates all project deliverables.
- Present to Village Board for approval
- Deliverable: Final document in PDF format
CONTENT AND FORMAT OF SUBMITTALS
Provide one (1) paper copy and one (1) digital copy of the following information for consideration.
1. Introductory Letter
2. Statement of Qualifications
- Description and qualifications of your firm and team. Identify the person who will serve as project manager.
- Resumes of key staff.
- Identify any portion of the scope of work that will be subcontracted. Include firm qualifications and key personnel for the subcontractor.
- A detailed description of no less than three (3) similar projects successfully completed by the firm or consultant team in the past three to five years and a detailed description of results of that work. Include the name and telephone number of a contact person for each client who can verify the information provided.
- Listing of all projects (if any) completed for the Village of Bourbonnais within the past five years with samples of final outcomes.
3. Project Understanding
- Provide a written description of your firm's understanding of the project services outlined in the scope.
4. Approach to Scope of Work
- Provide a description of how you will complete the work, identifying any major phases to the work and the sequence of tasks to be completed.
- Indicate how your firm would schedule the work, including the relative timing of meetings and major milestones.
5. Project Cost
- Estimate lump sum total cost for “Scope of Work” (items 1-7) as defined, including any reimbursable expenses.
The committee will evaluate the bids based on the following factors:
- Understanding of the work to be performed
- Consultant’s proposed approach to scope of work
- Qualifications of the firm and experience with past projects
- Overall cost of the proposed services
Questions regarding the Request for Bids should be directed to:
Assistant Administrator, Village of Bourbonnais
The deadline for proposals is August 5, 2019
All proposals shall be sealed in an envelope, addressed to the Village of Bourbonnais, Attention Clerk’s office. The name and address of the bidder and the name of the project shall also appear on the outside of the envelope. Proposals must be submitted on the forms provided by the Village.
All proposals shall include:
- One (1) copy of all materials sent to:
600 Main Street N.W.
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
- One (1) electronic PDF emailed to: