Welcome to the Village of Bourbonnais! We are proud to be the "Village of Friendship". We hope that you will take the time to explore our community and discover all that Bourbonnais has to offer. To assist you with settling in, we have compiled a list of links that we hope you find helpful in learning about local resources.
Bourbonnais Elementary School District - Our district is comprised of six buildings serving approximately 2700 of Bourbonnais’ children. Our excellent staff is committed to providing quality learning experiences to all children focusing on both their intellectual and social development.
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School - Within a safe and secure environment and in cooperation with parents, students, and the community, BBCHS will provide well-rounded educational opportunities for students of varying abilities, needs, and socio-economic diversities. These educational opportunities will empower students to reach their full potential, to become life-long learners, to acquire subject-specific knowledge and skills, to be effective citizens of the community, to develop creative and critical thinking skills, to communicate their ideas effectively, and to develop a lifestyle that promotes overall health and wellness.
Olivet Nazarene University - A private, Christian, Liberal Arts University–a service of the Church of the Nazarene, theologically grounded in the Wesleyan tradition
Bourbonnais Public Library - The purpose of the Bourbonnais Public Library District is to offer a lifelong learning experience for the people in the community it serves by providing access to global information resources and an inviting environment for cultural interaction.
Bourbonnais Township Park District - park district is responsible for the preservation of open space in a community, development of parks and providing recreation programs for all ages.
In January of 2000, following a number of public meetings, the Board of Trustees adopted new regulations concerning the size and placement of garage and yard sale signs. (Ord. No. 99-1208)
- Off site garage and yard sale signs shall be allowed on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays only, and must be removed by 7:00 am on the following Monday.
- Off site garage and yard sale signs shall:
- Be no larger than two (2) feet by two (2) feet;
- Shall not be placed on trees or fences, utility poles, street light poles, traffic signals, street signs, stop signs or similar items;
- Contain the address of the property where the garage or yard-sale is being held;
- Not be posted within one hundred (1 00)feet in any direction of the intersection of Routes 45/52 and 102, including the landscape islands therein; and
- Not be posted on any Village property, including the Village Hall, Public Works Buildings, Village Parks, Village flower beds, landscape areas or drainage areas.
- No garage or yard sale sign shall be displayed on any portable device or vehicle parked on any public street or right of way.
- If signs are placed in the right of way, namely that area between a sidewalk and the curb, the person placing the sign shall first have the permission of the owner of the property adjoining the right of way, or that property owner would have the ability to remove and dispose of the signs.
- If the Village has to remove any garage or yard sale sign because the sign(s) do not meet these regulations,-the person or persons responsible for the placement of the sign(s) may be subject to a $50.00 removal fee.
Village of Bourbonnais
600 Main Street
New residents need to call the Village at (815)933-1676 to arrange for sewer bills. Sewer bills are mailed monthly to the more than 6,000 customers in the system.
Residential rates are as follows:
The Village of Bourbonnais will raise rates for our customers January 1, 2012. Our overall rate increase of $610,000 per year is related to the capital improvements completed and additional capital improvements committed over the next two years, as well as the escalated cost to process the waste at KRMA. The new rates will appear on the February billing. The capital spending is necessary to maintain and upgrade our infrastructure to protect our environment and provide quality service to our customers.
An example of the charges to a typical customer’s monthly sewer bill is broken down below:
Single Family Home: $26.75
Multi-Family Unit: $26.75
Mobile Home: $26.75
This increase is the first rate increase since January 1997. We are cognizant of the current economic times and have successful cut costs to absorb increased expenses over the past 15 years but must adjust our rates to address needed infrastructure and the reality of the escalating cost of operating the system.
The Village’s mission is to provide quality service in an environmentally safe manor at an affordable rate.
Commercial and industrial rates are based on water flow, and are billed on a monthly basis. Commercial and industrial users should contact the Sewer Billing Offices (815.933.1676) for information as to their respective bills.
Direct Debit Program Never worry about forgetting to pay your sewer bill again!
The Village is now offering automatic direct debit for paying your sewer bills. Click here to download the printable ACH to sign up. Once you complete the application, mail to: Sewer Village of Bourbonnais Sewer Billing Department, 600 Main Street, Bourbonnais, IL or bring in to the Village’s Administrative Office.
Allied Waste Services
120 East Industrial Dr.
Momence, IL 60954
1000 S Schuyler Avenue
Toll free # 800-851-1305
Chicago Bears Training Camp
The Chicago Bears training camp, located on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais. The camp gives fans three weeks of almost daily practices to see their favorite players for free.
With the exception of concessions, everything is still free to the public — free admission and free parking. Only note that to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere, alcohol and smoking are not permitted on the campus.