Village of Bourbonnais
600 Main St NW
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
FOIA Officer: Village Administrator- Gregg Spathis
Deputy FOIA Officer: Village Finance Director- Michael Wolf
Please click on below link to retrieve the FOIA form and email or fax to our office.
Freedom of Information Request Form
SECTION 1: The Village Administrator is hereby designated as the FOIA Officer to whom all initial requests for access to the records of the Village are to be referred. Such requests are to be made at the offices of the Village Administrator at 600 Main Street NW, Bourbonnais, Illinois, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. In the event that the Village Administrator is not available during the times described above, the Village Finance Director is designated as the Deputy FOIA Officer to whom such initial requests are to be made. Except in instances when records are furnished immediately, the FOIA Officer, or his designees, shall receive requests submitted to the Village under the Freedom of Information Act, ensure that the Village responds to requests in a timely fashion, and issue responses under the Act. The FOIA Officer shall develop a list of documents or categories of records that the Village shall immediately disclose upon request.
How many days does the public body have to respond to a FOIA request? 5 business days from the day that the public body receives the request. The 5 working day response timeline begins the day after any employee or official of the public body received the request for information. However, that time period may be extended for an additional 5 business days from the date of the original due date if:
* The requested information is stored at a different location;
* The request requires the collection of a substantial number of documents;
* The request requires an extensive search;
* The requested records have not been located and require additional effort to find;
* The requested records need to be reviewed by staff who can determine whether they are exempt from FOIA;
* The requested records cannot be produced without unduly burdening the public body or interfering with its operations; or
* The request requires the public body to consult with another public body that has substantial interest in the subject matter of the request.
If additional time is needed, the public body must notify the requestor in writing within 5
business days after the receipt of the request of the statutory reasons for the extension and
when the requested information will be produced.