Bourbonnais Police Department
Village of Bourbonnais Police Department
The Village of Bourbonnais, Illinois is accepting applications on the behalf of the Fire & Police Commission for the position of police officer with the Bourbonnais Police Department.
Starting Salary: $53,476 - $96,512
Sworn Police Officers: 25
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Bourbonnais Fire & Police Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude as specified in Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 at the time of application (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- Must reside within 30 miles of the village limits within the one (1) year probationary period;
- Must sign a Training Reimbursement agreement as a condition of employment;
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10 2.1-6);
- Valid POWER card issued within one (1) year of application deadline (waived for Certified Law Officers);
- $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- College or University Transcripts/Diploma showing Associate’s Degree (unless otherwise exempt)
- Valid POWER card issued on or after February 18, 2018 (unless waived)
- If applicant has military service, a copy of his or her Military Service Record Form DD-214
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Monday, February 18, 2019 @ 4:00 PM (CST).
- Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination: Saturday, March 2, 2019 (8:00 AM) At Olivet Nazarene University, Olivet Weber Center Room 104 (1 University Ave, Bourbonnais, IL 60914)
For more information or to apply, please visit:
The Village of Bourbonnais is an equal opportunity employer.